Sometimes you just have a craving for Mac n Cheese. But all time I’m 100% against eating any dairy. So it puts me in a tough spot. Do I blend my own cashews and turmeric in attempt to make cheese and then boil it and add it to pasta? I could… but often I don’t have the time or ingredients on hand. That’s when I tried to make my own, my own way. This vegan Mac n cheese satisfied my craving and took roughly 13 minutes to make, and only has 4 ingredients. Work smarter not harder am I right?
- Pasta (I used elbow macaroni but any will work)
- Plant milk (I used macadamia nut milk bc it’s my favorite & it’s so dang creamy) PS unsweetened will work better
- Chao vegan cheese in the creamy original flavor
- Vegan butter
- Bring water to a boil & add a tiny bit of salt
- Add in pasta ( I used 3/4 of a box for a large serving could probably feed 2) and cook for recommended time stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick to the bottom
- Once pasta is cooked, drain but don’t rinse. This leaves the pasta sticky so that the cheese will stay on
- Put pasta back in pan over warm heat on the stove
- Add in a large table spoon of vegan butter, about half a cup of plant milk, and about 4-5 slices of Chao vegan cheese (I like to rip the slices of cheese into smaller pieces just for easier melting purposes)
- Stir all ingredients around for some time, the cheese takes a little while to melt and you might doubt that it’ll melt by the looks of it at first – but just keep stirring- it will melt and blend in
- Once everything reaches desired melty-ness and creaminess – dig in and enjoy!